Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, Questions=answers <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2.7: problems with Luigi pnp...

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Spidey wrote:

> After all, it worked... I had to ./MAKEDEV snd1, and keep the 'pcm0'
> line... I still have strange output from reboot (dmesg -v):

Did you hack /dev/MAKEDEV to remove the if..fi block from around the
`ln' commands in the snd*) block?  You'll need to do this to make the
symlinks properly. (and I need to submit a bug report on it pronto!)

> pcm1 (SB16pnp <SB16 PnP> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x15
> id 0

Device attached...

> device at 0x220 already attached as unit 1
> pcm0 not found at 0xffffffff

static code noticed it ..

> pid 333 (ee), uid 1000: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

That shouldn't happen.....

> pcm0: unit not configured, perhaps you want pcm1 ?

Nope, you didn't modify MAKEDEV.