Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:46:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Felix-Antoine Paradis <reel@idemnia.ath.cx>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

Well, i got a ADSL, and it's working very well with thoses settings. Post
install administration is ok, and i don't have any problems with
networking points. But, yeah, for sure, i am restricted to CD install,
but, however, that's not that bad. Do you know if there's any way to get
it to work to do a FTP install?

 On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Felix-Antoine Paradis wrote:
> >
> > To get pppoe to work, just set the options in the kernel and use a good
> > config (ppp.conf) and use pppd.
>
> Kernel options are bad for a number of reasons, not the least of them
> the inability to do network installs (I mean, you have ADSL and get
> restricted to cd installs?). Anyway... what _are_ the kernel options?
>
> --
> Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
> dcs@newsguy.com
> dcs@freebsd.org
> capo@a.crazy.bsdconspiracy.net
>
> 		"There is no spoon." -- Kiki

.   Felix-Antoine Paradis    .  cell:    1-418-261-0865  .
.  IRC:       reel @ DALnet  .  job:    Idemnia Network  .
.  Email: reel@sympatico.ca  .  *** www.FreeBSD.org ***  .