Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:53:09 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch port nss_ldap's Makefile for ldap.conf location

Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> [...]
> Now, if I wanted to reference _OpenLDAP's_ configuration file, then
> sure, I'd use ${LOCALBASE}.  But that would be
> ${LOCALBASE}/etc/openldap/ldap.conf.
Certainly, I'm sorry.

Btw, I'm planning an openldap client and server split.
A proposal is in PR 54436, in case you are interested:
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54436>;

That way, security/nss_ldap wouldn't depend on Berkeley DB,
and you get OpenLDAP version switching for free.

> Below is the patch that I'm considering committing.  I would appreciate
> feedback --- I don't want to cause a lot of churn.
>
> [...]

Probably you should cat pkg-message in post-install:, as mentioned in
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/pkg-files.html#PORTING-MESSAGE>;

But I assume it makes no huge difference.

Regards
    Oliver