Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:56:25 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        Renato Botelho <rbgarga@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "Peter J. Cherny" <peterc@luddite.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Apropos Removal of sysinstall

On Dec 29, 2011, at 1:49 PM, Bruce Cran wrote:

> On 29/12/2011 18:39, Renato Botelho wrote:
>> IIRC, PCBSD installer can install a regular FreeBSD on ZFS.=20
>=20
> It can do, but you're left with a /very/ basic installation - the =
hostname, network interfaces etc. aren't configured, which could be a =
problem for some people.
>=20
> If I thought there would be any support for it, I'd try and find time =
to plug in the sade(4) rewrite into sysinstall - it has a rather nice UI =
and supports ZFS.

The base of the PC-BSD installer is in the system as pc-sysinstall...  =
There were plans to merge bsdinstall with it that never came to =
fruition.  pc-sysinstall handles the hard part of the system install on =
a huge number of combinations.

Just FYI.

Warner