Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 17:50:21 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Docbook <warning></warning> weirdness

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 04:55:36PM +0200, Jochem Kossen wrote:
> Found the problem *sigh*
>
> It appears the dir with my articles really needs to be under the
> documentation dir of the FDP, and at least in the "locale-named-dir"
> (such as /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/blah/whatever/)

Three things:
a) you should set the environment variable DOC_PREFIX to /usr/doc or
   whereever the framework is
b) you should set the environment variable LANGCODE to en_US.ISO8859-1
   or whatever you are using
c) if you are writing docs for a language other than english, you
   must use <book lang="xx"> instead of simply <book> and <article
   lang="xx"> instead of <article>.  For xx, substitute de, fr, ...
d) if you are working on the release notes, you also need to set
   the environment variable RELN_ROOT to /usr/src/release/doc (or
   whereever that framework is).

Once you have all these and current versions of the style sheet
ports, everything should work all right.  If you are still missing
colons etc, then it is time for patching.  We had the same problem
with the German translation, patched our local stylesheets to get
moving again and submitted the neccessary changes to Norman (or had
them submitted).  Once the main style sheets were updated, the patch
was removed from the FreeBSD stylesheet.

/s/Udo