Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:03:49 -0800
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        User Toasty <toasty@shell.dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Repeated system crashes with 110897 snap.

User Toasty <toasty@shell.dragondata.com> stands accused of saying:
> I don't know what you guys would need to know about the hardware, but:
>
> Tyan Tomcat IV with two P/200's
> 128MB of ram
> 3Com 509 network card
> IDE hard drive

Other issues aside, the best way to give a hardware profile is to include
a copy of the COMPLETE dmesg output. This gives the kernel's messages
(including boot and errors) which are more much more informative that the info
you gave. :)
  (Note I said _complete_. An edited dmesg is often next to useless, since the
user mistakenly identifies vital information as irrelivent and edits it out)

--
Jonathan Mini 					Ingenious Productions
Software Development				P.O. Box 5693,

 "A child of five could understand this! Quick -- Fetch me a child of five."