Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:05:08 -0400
From:      Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>
To:        "'Philippe CASIDY'" <pcasidy@casidy.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: CVS

Thanks for the information.

I'll attempt to clarify further what our
needs are:

There is a new project starting that requires us
to have a good change control system that will work
with the WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD),
the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for WebFacing,
Java, and other traditional programming languages (e.g. C and RPG).
The change control system IBM recommended and actually used in
their development team is CVS.  Developers will need to connect
to the CVS server from W2K workstations.  However, I don't
yet know which CVS clients for Windows they'll be using.

>Not that this is totally different while using Clearcase: it uses its
>own filesystem so every file access goes through it =3D> huge disks! a =
lot
>of memory, a wide bandwidth and tons of patience because whatever
>hardware you use, it will always be slower.
=20
That's good to know because the hardware selection I have is a little
limited.  I'll probably be setting it up on older Compaq server or
desktop hardware.

Thanks again,

Joe

=20
=20
Siemens - Health Services
=20
Joe Warner
Operations Technical Analyst II
215 North Admiral Byrd Rd., Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Ph:  801-539-4978
Fax: 801-533-8004

=20