Date:      	Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:14:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Bigot Hervé <Herve.Bigot@sycomore.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Bigot Herv=E9 wrote:

> Hello ,
>        We desperatly try to compile a new kernel of FreeBSD 2.0(
>distributed by InfoMagic on CD Rom), following the procedure shown in the
>FAQ. Even when we use the 'MINI' configuration file, the compilation abort=
>at linking. The end of messages after the beginning of the compilation is:

>        kern_systcl.o:Undefined symbol '_hw_float' referenced from text=20
>segment
>        *** Error code 1
>
>Our PC is not Intel-based but Cyrix M7 486DX2/66, can it be the source of
>the problem ??

  I don't believe any of the Cyrix 486 clones have math co-processers. =20
You need to make sure kernel build options are set appropiately for this=20
sort of system.

  Can't say more, as I haven't built a 2.0R kernel in over a year now, as=
=20
there have been two releases since.  I suggest you upgrade.

Tom