Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:17:04 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, Jason Wolfe <nitroboost@gmail.com>, Hooman Fazaeli <hoomanfazaeli@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Intel 82574L interface wedging - em7.3.2/8.2-STABLE

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:47:07 am Hooman Fazaeli wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 5:31 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Are you able to post the patch here?
> > Maybe Jack can look at what's going on and apply it to the latest
> > intel ethernet driver.
> >

> > Adrian
> >

> Below is the patch for if_em.c (7.2.3). It simply checks driver's
> queue status when the link state changes (inactive -> active) and
> start transmit task if queue(s) are not empty.
>
> It also contains stuff I have added to compile on 7 plus some code
> for test and diagnostics.

Hmm, so I have yet to test this, but I found several bugs related to transmit
in em(4) and igb(4) recently just reading the code.  (Mostly unnecessary
scheduling of tasks for transmit.)  I've included your change of restarting
TX when link becomes active.  I've also updated it to fix resume for em
and igb to DTRT when buf_ring is used, and to not include old-style start
routines at all when using multiq.  It is at
http://www.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/e1000_txeof2.patch

--
John Baldwin