Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:03:22 -0800
From:      "Erik Stainsby" <stainsby@telus.net>
To:        "Sergey Hlupnov" <sh@diploma.ru>
Cc:        "picoBSD List" <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: development activity on picoBSD ?

Hello Sergey,

I must confess that I am at the beginning with respect to
the picoBSD project I was writing about.  I am still working
out which bits to use and which to consider rewriting for
lesser function but smaller fit.

So far I am looking at the radiusclient-0.3 package (from
Lars Fenneberg ?) that is part of the 3.3-RELEASE tree.  I am
a rookie as far as the RADIUS configuration goes, as well,
and I'm facing learning the gettytab on an intimate level ...
(Perhaps I should buy a PortMaster ? ;-)

I have just managed to get the RADIUS server to authenticate
a RADIUS-only user, and return ENV values, so it is coming
along.  I have not started messing about with crnuching
diskettes yet.

But enough of my troubles ...

From the radiusclient-0.3 package (0.31 is now available ...):

The binary (radlogin) comes out of the stock ports tree
at 3906 bytes.  There is a companion (radacct) for sending
transaction stats to the RADIUS server (3884 bytes).
There is also a group of text config files:

dictionary           6385 bytes     # stock defs of RADIUS atoms
radiusclient.conf     461 bytes     # stripped to a minimum
servers                17 bytes     # single RADIUS server ip & short secret
port-ip-map          ~356 bytes     # 16 lines defined
issue                 135 bytes     # stock but variable & (I think)
optional

without radacct binary:    11260
                  with:    15144   (~15 kb)

I think this would be a minimum of components, but I haven't tested it yet.
I would very much like to hear of your results so far.

Cheers,
    Erik
    stainsby@telus.net
   There was no year zero.
   The next millenium begins January 1, 2001.