Date:      22 Sep 1999 17:59:51 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IR port on laptop?

How can I talk to/through the IR port on a laptop?

My Thinkpad 560 dmesg shows sio0 and sio1; the TP has one obvious
serial connector and an IR port which I've used under WinDoze. I was
expecting maybe I could talk to the IR port as /dev/cuaa1 since it
seems the serial was on /dev/cuaa0.

I'm interested in trying to slurp data off a silly WindozeCE machine
but when I tip to cuaa1 and tell WinCE to do an IR PClink I see
nothing in the tip window. I would have expected to see the WinCE to
start pushing data trying to negotiate a connection.

Any hints?

Thanks!

PS: anyone know how WinCE communicates over the IR? I'd guess PPP but
    have no data to back that up.