Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:50:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bug in SSH/GBSD 4.4-RC!!

Dear Sirs.

I posted a message about this problem prior this month. Since the 31st
August after a cvsupdate we have now on all of our FBSD 4.4-RC boxes
a massive problem with ssh!

After a while ,I think delimited by the key 'KeyRegenerationInterval',
the sshd daemon refuses connctions with the error

	fatal: DH_generate_key

After a SIGHUP to the daemon it works again - up to the new key
generation! After then it is very likely to get a faulty sshd again
and this happens on all of our machines with SMP kernels (those with
an UP system never showed this phenomenon, but they are not part of
the bunch of machines I have to observ, but this is certainly unsure).

The last cvsupdate has been done two days ago from a german site.

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)