Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:23:54 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bruno_Lauz=E9?= <brunolauze@msn.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Aura and Ash

> I gave a try to compile Chromium 35 latest release with Aura. After a lot
> of patches, it compiles, still everything crash after... I expected it.
> The goal was to try to up to where we can go into the Aura part where
> Google announced they will flip the switch from gtk to Aura really soon.
>
> Wouldn't it be a match in heaven to have Chromium with Ash Window Manager
> on FreeBSD as desktop. The simplicity lightweight of ChromeOS on top of
> FreeBSD.
> That could be a new Desktop in itself for FreeBSD.
>
> Anyway I got the patches if anyone else interested.

This would be very interesting indeed, thanks for the effort :)

You can try to send them upstream, some information about that is here:
http://www.chromium.org/developers/contributing-code
(this involves signing an agreement and checking out 14+ GB of source code)

Or just give a pointer in which it can be integrated into our GitHub
development repository at
https://github.com/gliaskos/freebsd-chromium (under a new 'dev' branch)

Regards,
Ren=E9