Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 1995 11:12:55 -0500
From:      starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
To:        Morgan Davis <io.cts.com!root@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SNAP or current?

>At which point in time did you see all these problems start occuring?
>I just grabbed -current (previoustime was about Feb 10).  I'm
>wondering if these are problems you've had for a long time or ones
>that have recently plagued your system.  (This'll determine whether or
>not I'll build and install the 3/10 -current and kernel).

I have a source tree from Jan 31 which is very stable.  I have had uptimes
of over 30 days with a kernel from that one.  A kernel I made on Feb 17 also
seemed to be reasonable, thought I thing the "gdb crash" problem is in that
one.

Apparently serious problems were introduced mostly during mid-to late February.
Or, the problems that were already there were unmasked by other changes.

								- Gene