Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 15:02:45 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Marc Slemko" <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Ports" <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache v1.3b6 w/FrontPage Module

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>

>Wait for b7 and use ap_add_version_component() at runtime if think you
>really want to tell people the server is running fp.

Some one had already mentioned it, and I will be using it when b7 is
available.

>In b6, just set it on the command line with
>"-DSERVER_SUBVERSION=FrontPage/3.04" or whatever.  You should not be
>editing Makefile.tmpl at all, and especially not in the main subdir.  You
>can set it in EXTRA_CFLAGS in Configure or add a MODULE-DEFINITION section
>to the mod_frontpage.c file, like mod_auth_dbm uses:

I edited the Configure script for the apache-fp 13b6.b port, by defining
SUBVERSION just before the script added -DSERVER_SUBVERSION to the CFLAGS.

Anyway, I ended up using the MODULE-DEFINITION section to define SUBVERSION
as bellow:

/*
 * MODULE-DEFINITION-START
 * Name: frontpage_module
 * ConfigStart
   SUBVERSION="FrontPage/3.04"
 * ConfigEnd
 * MODULE-DEFINITION-END
 */

The only question I have should it be defined with "+=" or have
${SUBVERSION} inside the quotes.  Just in case another module defines
SUBVERSION.

Thanks for the hint,

Scot