Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 02:53:52 -0400
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eric@setjmp.com>
To:        "Jeremy Allaire" <jj@allaire.com>
Subject:   What would it take, for another version...

Jeremy,

    You don't know me, though I'd like to get to know you..

    I have been working with Unix since about 1987 (System V). The
particular variety I've chose, and after several experimentations with
others (such as Linux), have always stuck with FreeBSD (since about 1995).

    Some of the reasons include Stability, Reliability, and the ability to
find things anywhere in the system (at times with no prior knowledge of the
particular part of the system at hand, in an emergency situation), and
accomplished what I needed in a short time. I have been using it from
Version 2.1.5 and still at 3.2-STABLE.

    When the need to run linux binaries occurs, FreeBSD runs many of them,
and from experience a while back, faster. Though that may have changed,
since that factor is dependant on optimizations in both the Linux, and
FreeBSD camps, and is up to revision at any release point from either =)

    Other things include fast development with the hierarchy in the FreeBSD
system. Most things are very central, and easily found with apropos, and
find.

    Onto the point, I have a question for you.

        "What would it take to get you interested in considering a
ColdFusion Version for FreeBSD?"

    Key words are "interested" and "considering"... I'm not asking for any
commitment, other than if you let me know what, that if it can be provided,
you'll give it a look.

Thank you very much,

Eric A. Griff (EFNET setjmp, ICQ 28146852)
setjmp Software
Your source for custom Software Solutions.
181 Genesee Street
Suite 504
Utica, NY 13501
Office: (315) 734-1668 Extension 205                        eric@setjmp.com