Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:52:08 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        hm@kts.org, js@mgm-net.de
Cc:        logix@foobar.franken.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 10:31:22AM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> [...]

Hellmuth, your description of a "home developers world" is very
clear and true. I hope that many people understand now, that even
for "cracks like you (tm)" it's a huge amount of time and money,
to develope and maintain a piece of software like i4b or something else.

Freetime is a very precious thing and communication costs and
hardware costs eat you up financially ...

But ... I'd say don't hear to the end users too much and don't
get angry or frustrated. They are end users and always want their
problems fixed for $0 ;-)

Helle, even in business people mostly try to get something for the
half of the price or $0. So what do you expect from end users who
usually don't have $xxxxxx in the pocket ?! ;-))

I'd say, be happy that people like me are proud to know people
like you, who are very kind and competent and write damn good
software for free ;-)

Get some spare time, if you need to and write some more code
if you have fun to do so. But don't get influenced by people
simply crying "more, more".

Keep on doing the good work if you like. Write people a standard
mail, if they want too much from you.

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?