Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 06:58:41 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Making a scripted installation of FreeBSD

I'm having an interesting problem. My company has got NT as standard OS
for new installations. The installation of NT is totally scripted, so
that the sysops in the different regions (we are a Radio Company spread
all over the country) just enter some data (network card, video card,
IP-address, MAC-address, sound card) into a web interface, to a database.

Then the machine installing is booted with a floppy to log into the
network, get a base image of the file system and then continue the
installation automatically.

Now, I got a question. Could we make (just for the challenge) FreeBSD
available as an option for OS? Well, making it a choice in the web
interface is the easy part :), but how do I make an unattended
installation of FreeBSD from a script?

My first idea was to start with a DOS-partition and run fbsdboot.exe
from there, but how do I proceed?

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_