Date:      17 Jan 2003 00:53:58 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Scrollkeeper update

--=-a05+sVA8iz9POCp5GXRC

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 00:39, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> **Copied this quote from another email.**
> >If you're really wanting to help me out, setenv XML_DEBUG_CATALOG before
> >you build scrollkeeper, and then run a sniffer looking for spurious
> >connections to port 80.  You shouldn't see any.  The scrollkeeper
> >install should rebuild the entire OMF database, so that's really the
> >best test.  If you see any HTTP connections to sourceforge or oasis,
> >send me the entire log of the build. (assuming you set
> >XML_DEBUG_CATALOG).  Thanks to all that can help.
>=20
> I installed them and they went smoothly. I am using GreedyDog v2.4 from=20
> www.shadowpenguin.org for sniffer packet, it's a nice tool. However, I ha=
ve=20
> use Nautilus2, gedit2, Gnome 2.2rc1, gnome-terminal, few games and apps f=
rom=20
> Gnome 2.2rc1's default menu. So, I don't see any of sourceforge nor oasis=
 in=20
> the sniffer packet's log so far. What's else do you want me to test? If y=
ou=20
> still want the log of it? I already set the setenv for debug right before=
 I=20
> built scrollkeeper.

The big test is at install time.  If you didn't see any HTTP traffic,
that's good.  Now, what you should do is make sure you can view all the
help files, and maybe test rebuilding some apps like gedit2 and
bugbuddy2 to see if any HTTP traffic goes out to oasis or sourceforge.=20
Thanks a lot for testing this.

Joe

>=20
> NOTE: It's on 5.0-CURRENT.