Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:31:38 +0530 (IST)
From:      Satyajeet Seth <sseth@sasken.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Per-process kernel stack size

Hi

We have implemented a device driver on FreeBSD 4.0 and x86 architecture.
The device driver has routines for servicing I/O requests. I understand
that these routines run in the top part of the kernel stack.

The routines have a nesting of 10-12 functions having 10-100 lines each.
Could you tell us what is the minimum available run time memory in the
per-process kernel stack for running these routines?

We want to avoid problems during the integration testing:-)

Regards
Satya