Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:12:11 +0200
From:      Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@mmj.dk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix port version numbering -- suggestions wanted

* Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> [Apr 28. 2004 21:06]:
> >My opinion is just as long as there is a stable postfix in
> >mail/postfix ( no
> >version number ) I could care less if there are also mail/postfix1
> >mail/postfix3 etc...
>
> I guess I'm more looking to see if people would need a postfix20 port
> for whatever reason they have to stick to that version.

It might make sense to keep it around for some time, since Wietse did
release 2.0.20 when he released 2.1.0. But let postfix be the 2.1.0
version, and stick the 2.0 version in a postfix20 port.

Speaking of postfix-2.1. I know of a free software company that used 2.1
on their main MX for +6 weeks now. It's been a very good experience,
with several improvements over 2.0.x

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic