Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:04:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      joshua <je_js@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-jobs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network Admin/Engineer seeking opportunity in Miami area

--0-1476103262-1015466665=:90262

Greetings,

I am a Network Administrator/Engineer looking for a career
with a stable company where I can grow both personally and
professionally with the company.  My wife and I are
relocating to the Miami area where she will be attending
school.  Availability is negotiable; however, I would
prefer to give my current employer two-weeks notice before
starting a job in Florida.

Skills Profile:

* Fast learning self-starter, who can lead or follow as the

situation demands, with experience in management, team
building, and training.

* Proficient in configuration and maintenance of UNIX and
Microsoft systems (FreeBSD, Solaris, Red Hat, Windows
3.x/9x/NTx/2000/XP, Exchange, DNS).

* Proficient in network design, implementation, and
troubleshooting, Cisco IOS, router and switch
configuration.

* CCNP Certified (01/2002), CCNA Certified (02/2001).

* Experience in hardware reconfiguration with x86 and Sun
systems.

* Experience in shell scripting (ksh, sh, csh, awk).

My attached resume will provide further detail on my
experience and skills.  I am looking for compensation in
the range of $45-55,000 per year; however, this is
negotiable depending upon duties and responsibilities.

I am reachable in the mornings by phone at 720.887.9027, or

by email at je_js@yahoo.com to discuss possible career
opportunities with your exciting company.  Thank you for
your time and careful consideration.

Best regards,

Joshua Smith

=====
"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."
     - Kahlil Gilbran -
"An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind."
     - Ghandi -
"If we live truly, we shall see truly."
     - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

http://mail.yahoo.com/
--0-1476103262-1015466665=:90262

Joshua Smith
225 Laurel Street, Apt#7
Broomfield, CO  80020
Phone:  720-887-9027
je_js@yahoo.com

NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR/ENGINEER
In the areas of design, implementation, and support:  where
there is a need for technical skills, the ability to
produce practical, on-the-spot solutions while maintaining
the highest quality standards and keeping customer impact
at a minimum.  Personal and professional growth is
essential.

Technical Skills

Hardware:	Cisco 6xx-7xxx, PIX, LocalDirector, Catalyst
19xx-5xxx, x86, Sun, NetScreen, Larscom.
Software:	FreeBSD, Solaris, Red Hat, Windows
9x/NTx/2000/XP, DOS, Exchange 2000, Office, IBICS, Remedy,
Onyx, Cisco IOS (router and switch), HP Openview (ITO and
NNM), Cisco Works 2000, IP Sentry, What’s Up Gold, BIND,
Ethereal, Visio, Checkpoint.
Protocols:	TCP/IP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP,
ISDN, Frame Relay, Ethernet, PPP, POP, SMTP.
Other:	Access lists (Cisco), LNP, Multilayer
Switching, VLAN configuration, network design, shell
scripting (ksh, sh, csh, awk).

Professional Experience

USA.NET
Network Administrator
01/2002-Present
Design, implementation, and troubleshooting of network and
related hardware. DNS, PIX, and TACACS administration.
Management of IP address space.  Network cabling (cat 5,
fiber).  Rotating on call responsibilities.

Data Center/NOC Technician 2
03/2001-02/2002
Proactive systems and network monitoring, troubleshooting,
and low-level administration.  Provided tier 2/3 help desk
support, issue escalation management, and acted as central
notification point for Operations.  Responsible for
security and administration of NOC workstations.  Mentored
other technicians and helped develop training
documentation.

DirectFit
Associate Production Agent (Local Number Portability)
10/2000-01/2001
Interacted with ILECs, CLECs, and AT&T groups regarding
porting issues.  Processed LSR’s.  Applied and removed 10-
digit triggers (webGUI interface to 5ESS and DMS switches).
Assisted NOC personnel in restoring dial tone.  Ensured
timely completion of porting process.  Consistently one of
the top three agents in productivity.

TeleTech
Qwest IPDS Tier 2/Beta Technician
12/1999-09/2000
Network troubleshooting supporting Qwest’s IP NOC.
Interacted with customers to resolve connectivity and
configuration issues on dedicated circuits (DSL, DS0-DS3)
and customer equipment.  Entered and tracked trouble
tickets.  Shift lead.  Promoted twice for technical merit.
Recognized for attendance and outstanding customer service
(letters from customers and fellow employees).  Assisted in
training of new employees.

Education and Professional Development

* CCNP Certified (01/2002), CCNA Certified (02/2001)
* Regular Expressions, AWK by Example – HP (2/2002)
* Network Technical Support Certification – Brainbench
(10/2001)
* MCSE 2000 training – IQ Destination (ongoing)
* Correspondence courses in Network Security, WAN
protocols, and ACRC - NETg (02/2001).
* Two years completed towards Engineering Physics
degree – University of Colorado at Boulder (1996-1999).
* Personal and professional leadership and character
development - Officer Candidates School (top 25%) (1998).
* Obtained a Secret Clearance as a Field Radio Operator
in the Marine Corps Reserve (1998-2001).

References Available Upon Request
--0-1476103262-1015466665=:90262--