Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:33:13 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@FernUni-Hagen.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel PRO/100 S

Hi,

yesterday I bought a network card to connect a second PC
to my old machine.
They had only one type of card in the store so I bought it anyway,
despite its rather high price of 37 Euro.

Today I took a closer look.
It is an Intel PRO/100 S board packaged in
plastic pack, without docs.
It comes with 3 wire cable labeled
"BIZLINK" and has "TRIPLE DES" on a label.

As far as I can tell from a bit of Google
research, it features hardware encryprtion/decryption.

Questions:
- Can I use it under FreeBSD?
- Can I make use of that hardware acceleration?
- What is the 3 wire cable for?

Regards,
Marc