Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:29:41 -0500
From:      Juan David Hurtado G <jdhurtado@orbiware.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the best supported SoC by FreeBSD?

--000000000000bb0f6905d188036e

Hi, I'm working with a raspberry pi for a project. I've been using raspios
for two years. But recently it has become pretty unstable for our use case
(mainly because systemd). Device will host influxdb + nginx + grafana

I'm using FreeBSD on my main workstation and on some servers and I really
like all the features so that's why I'm looking to use FreeBSD here too.

Few days ago I'm testing FreeBSD on different raspberries but I'm getting a
laggy system in all of them (discussing this in another thread)... maybe
those raspberries are not exactly well supported by FreeBSD? I guess that
if there are bugs it will take time to resolve them and unfortunately I'm
not an OS developer.

So my question is... In your experience, what SoC do I need to look better
in order to use FreeBSD? If they are close in price to the pi the better.

PS: SoC should be able to connect to a network. So ethernet or wifi. I
understand some wifi on the board is not supported. so at least if it has a
usb port for a dongle is ok.

--
Juan David Hurtado G

--000000000000bb0f6905d188036e--