Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:16:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Sren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPDATE2: ATA/ATAPI driver new version available.

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

# > Just for grins I changed the ata_probe to ignore all but the first
# > controller and it is back to the ufs_dirbad panic. :(
#
# I never had the ufs_dirbad panic.  With the 4 March driver, my system
# works very well and probes all the ATA devices.  Very odd.

Yep, this one has me baffled.  The disklabels are there.  Well at
least 'disklabel <slice_name>' shows something besides gibberish.
This may sound stupid but if they are required and indeed not there
why would the old driver not barf at the same spot?  If I had to
fathom a guess I'd say it had to do with using incorrect drive
geometry.

Got any ideas on where I might start looking to fix this one?

# --
# Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
# Nonlinear Systems Ltd.			Phone: +44 181 442 9037
#
#
#