Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:41:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian O'Shea <b_oshea@yahoo.com>
To:        Hackers FreeBSD <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Diagnosing unrecognized hardware

Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE on an HP OmniBook 4150 laptop.  I
have a D-Link DWL-650 802.11b wireless ethernet card that doesn't seem
to be recognized.  I have built a kernel with the wi and wlan drivers:

device        wlan
device        wi

Relevant boot messages:

cbb0: <TI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 4.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
pci_cfgintr: 0:4 INTA routed to irq 10
cbb0: [MPSAFE]
cbb1: <TI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 4.1 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
pci_cfgintr: 0:4 INTB routed to irq 10
cbb1: [MPSAFE]

My question is, how do I diagnose the problem?  When the card is
inserted, the following is logged to the console:

pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x000b, product=0x7110) at function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: D-Link, DWL-650 Wireless PC Card RevP, ISL37101P-10

However, running ifconfig -a does not show a wi interface.

I can send more dmesg output and additional information tomorrow (I hand-
typed the above messages).  I just thought it might be something obvious
that I'm missing.  According to wi(4), the DWL-650 card is supported.
What do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks,
-brian