Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2020 11:01:33 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   list of valid ABI combinations

Hello,

I'm looking to add package support to FreshPorts - so you can know if a package exists for a given ABI (e.g. FreeBSD:12:amd64).

The goal, write a script which does something like this:

  for abi in $ABIS
  do
    fetch -o abi. packagesite.txz https://pkg.freebsd.org/$abi/latest/packagesite.txz
    # parse the file, updating the database
  done

Is there a list of current valid ABI combinations.

I see a list at https://pkg.freebsd.org/ - is this manually maintained?

While my goal is to have FreshPorts require minimal intervention, I suppose new ABI combinations do not come along frequently and could be maintained manually. It does not seem like a huge task.

More details here: https://github.com/FreshPorts/freshports/issues/142

Thank you

--
  Dan Langille