Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:39:53 +0200
From:      Dmitry Alyabyev <dimitry@al.org.ua>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Clustering software

Tuesday, November 20, 2001, 10:42:27 AM, Shaun Jurrens wrote:

#>>Hi,
#>>
#>>Unfortunately the searching I've done yields little or nothing, especially
#>>if you are talking high-availability-type clustering. Seems the linux
#>>people are the only ones doing any serious work on that - see
#>>www.linux-ha.org. You might find some links to, or actual software, you
#>>can use/port.

>         Unfortunately this is not at all the case.  I don't know where you've
> done your searching, but it hasn't been very thorough.  Ronald Minnich
> (excuse any bad spelling) has been doing clustering with FreeBSD for _years_
> and has clusters of 64 and more (iirc) machines.  I'd appreciate if you did
> better research before you post such information to the lists.  It only
> serves to disinform those who search in the list archives.

> The biggest problem with those searching for "clustering" software usually
> is that they haven't defined "clustering" in combination with their needs.
> Your assumptions about what what Dmitry actually is looking for make your
> answer even less accurate.

Guys, I'm sorry for didn't explain that correctly.
Yes, I'm looking for HA software and your discussion makes me thinking
that this is not so simply as I thought :-(

--
Dimitry