Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ron@cts.com
To:        kent@erlang.ericsson.se
Cc:        Kent Boortz <kent@erlang.ericsson.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: How to make FreeBSD output sound?

Me too. I have an Intel Tuscon with integrated Yamaha OPL3. I told config
to add a snd0  controller, an opl0 device and made a new kernel. I even made an
inode or two. BFD! I can't even cat a file to the /dev/audio device (jeez, I've
worked up such a lather that I don't even remember what it actually did).
Looking at the driver source is futile w/o some kind of hardware documentation.
I hope no one suggests reading the touted documentation source file; it isn't
worth a bag of xapa! I would love to see someone who has made this stuff work
document what thay did. I would be glad to turn it into something that could be
used as a 'sound users' guide' or some/such doc.

Golly! I haven't gotten this worked-up since Fibber McGee opened his closet!

Ron McDaniels

        "I'm getting way too old for this stuff..."

E-Mail: ron@cts.com
Date: 06/24/97
Time: 16:26:18

This message was sent by XF-Mail