Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 19:10:41 +0600
From:      "Alex Markov" <alex@asdg.ru>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   L2TP and FreeBSD - is it possible?

Hello, FreeBSD community!

Firstly, excuse my English! ;-)

and FreeBSD box with two netcards (one of them plugged to 192.168.1/24
network, another - in ISP's LAN). On FreeBSD i have "closed"-style
firewall and some services (primary DNS, proxy & mail). I have not and
even don't plan to install NAT on this box.

Now, i want to grant access for our remote users to Win2000 server in
internal network through L2TP+IPSec. Latter part doesn't bother me, but
former... So, i need a good advice from guru:

a) Is L2TP supported by FreeBSD?

b) Which way is more "right" - to install L2TP server on Win2000 and
divert all VPN traffic to it, or configure FreeBSD box as L2TP server?

c) Is there any resources about "L2TP & FreeBSD" (i know, it should be
first question)?

Please, cc: to my e-mail, 'cos i have not enough time to looking through
all freebsd's maillists.

Thanks in advance!

--
WBR, Alex Markov.