Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2016 21:15:48 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Herrero_Carr=C3=B3n?= <elferdo@gmail.com>
To:        Elton Luis Grandolpho <eltonluis@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "gecko@freebsd.org" <gecko@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firefox with no sound

> Hi,
>
> I am using Firefox and Chromium in my computer.
>
> Sound works fine using Chromium(last version), but does not work with
> Firefox(last version) using youtube , for example.
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD FX6100ASUS 10.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE #0 r297264: Fri Mar
> 25 02:10:02 UTC 2016     root@releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> amd64
>
> $ ident /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefile
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefile:
>      $FreeBSD: tags/RELEASE_10_3_0/www/firefox/Makefile 410638 2016-03-08
> 18:19:56Z jbeich $
>
> Could you check, please?
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know
>
> Best regards
>
> Elton Luis Grandolpho

Hi Elton Luis,

If you have compiled firefox with Pulseaudio support you may want to check
PA's settings. From the command line, you can reroute audio with something
like "pactl move-sink-input 3 oss_output.dsp0".  You can inspect clients
using PA with "pactl list". I'm pretty sure there are some graphical
options like gnome-audio-settings or something like that, but I haven't got
them installed.

Otherwise there is a sysctl variable, hw.snd.default_unit, which you may
also want to check. Set it to your desired output before launching firefox
(if you don't have PA support compiled in).

Hope that helps,
Fernando