Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:01:44 -0500
From:      "Jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing 3.3 from CDROM

This is exactly what happens after I insert the NFS disk and press enter

the spinning slash thingie starts up.  Then The following message

<two system beeps>
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [kernel in xx seconds...

it then counts down from 9.  If I  hit any other key for command prompt and
it tells me to hit ? for command list and help for detailed help.  Help does
not work but ? shows me the following commands
reboot
heap
bcachestat
boot
autoboot
help
?
show
set
unset
more
lsdev
include
ls
load
unload
lsmod
pnpscan
disk0s4a:>

Thats about it.  Nothing that I can determine is an error message.  And if I
allow it to reboot what I said below takes place.

as for the email program I am using you are the first to tell me there is a
problem with it....everyone I know uses some sort of wordprocessor like
email program that puts CR/LF at the end of paragraphs not lines...lines are
autowraped based on window size.  I dont know how to chage my email to fit
less compatible email clients.   sorry

Thanks for any help you may provide

Jason

PS
I recreated both the Boot and NFS disks using brand new disks i recently
purchansed.  The same problem occurs with these new disks.  I am completly
lost on this one.  :(