Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:13:56 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade, linuxpluginwrapper, acroread7 and Epiphany

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:14:10 -0700 Frank Jahnke wrote:
>
>> I updated to 6.0RC earlier today, and am now upgrading my various ports
>> (which I always do manually).  One of the first I did was Acroread7,
>> which needed it.  I did the usual portupgrade, and it went through the
>> recursive upgrades without a hitch (including linuxpluginwrapper).  Now,
>> however, acroread7 cannot be invoked as a plugin from Epiphany.  I
>> corrected an improper location in libmap.conf, but it still does not
>> load.  It works fine from the command line.  Any advice would be most
>> appreciated, but this may well be an issue with linuxpluginwrapper.
>
>> Information:
>
>> libmap.conf:
>> # Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
>> [/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so]
>> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so
>
>> where the location is linked to
>> /usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so,
>
> Sorry, it's not an answer to your question, but the path is somewhat
> starge. It should be smth like
> /usr/X11R6/share/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
>
> What version of Makefile do you have for the port?
> Do you have unusial paths at /etc/make.conf?

I am seeing a similar, if not the same, problem with firefox.

The latest print/acroread port seems to have changed and on a make
deinstall it seems to fail.
/usr/ports/print/acroread7 # make deinstall && make reinstall
===>  Deinstalling for print/acroread7
===>   acroread7-7.0.1 has a different PREFIX: /compat/linux, skipping
On make install with FORCE_PKG_REGISTER it only seems to install it in

What I ended up with after a portupgrade -a on both 6.0 and 7.0 machines is
# ls -l `locate nppdf.so`
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      68 Sep 11 12:10
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so ->
/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  878568 Oct 11 17:32
/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  878568 Oct 11 17:32
/usr/ports/print/acroread7/work/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.1-1.i386.rpm/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so

Due to the upgrade the first link is blank and I haven't been able to
get the
/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
to work with firefox yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

ed

=