Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:48:08 -0700
From:      Matt Wilbur <Matt@photon.com>
To:        "'James A. Peltier'" <james@aspert.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: SQL Port

> does anyone know what port that MS-SQL traffic uses.  I'm
> trying to build a
> firewall for a datacenter and would like only this traffic to
> flow through.

matt@garak 4:11:25pm ~ > uname -r
3.4-RELEASE
matt@garak 4:11:41pm ~ > grep -i sql /etc/services
sql*net          66/tcp    #Oracle SQL*NET
sql*net          66/udp    #Oracle SQL*NET
sqlserv         118/tcp    #SQL Services
sqlserv         118/udp    #SQL Services
sql-net         150/tcp
sql-net         150/udp
sqlsrv          156/tcp    #SQL Service
sqlsrv          156/udp    #SQL Service
ms-sql-s        1433/tcp   #Microsoft-SQL-Server
ms-sql-s        1433/udp   #Microsoft-SQL-Server
ms-sql-m        1434/tcp   #Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
ms-sql-m        1434/udp   #Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
watcom-sql      1498/tcp
watcom-sql      1498/udp

take your pick, it's in there somewhere