Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 14:09:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        james@nexis.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested change to apache port

 * - doing a make patch on the port, then adding your module-specific stuff,
 * and doing a make install.  This retains the same changes to the code as
 * the port makes, but is still rather messy.

I have been testing some changes to the dependency system (to fix the
"gs3 and gs4 package mixup" problem), so things like this may become
easier in the future.

But for your purpose, I think you can just do something like this in
p5-Apache/Makefile:

===
DISTNAME=	...
PKGNAME=	...
 :

PATCHDIR=	${.CURDIR}/../apache/patches

post-patch:
	${PATCH} ${PATCH_ARGS} < ${.CURDIR}/patches/patch-aa
	${PATCH} ${PATCH_ARGS} < ${.CURDIR}/patches/patch-ab
 :

.include <bsd.port.mk>
===

Satoshi