Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:47:31 -0400
From:      Len Huppe <huppe@mailtag.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPX and ncplib

Is anyone using IPX to connect their FreeBSD system to a NetWare server
and/or IPX network?

I have options IPX, NCP, NWFS, and all supported ethernet frame types
compiled into my kernel.  I also have Boris Popov's ncplib 1.3.4
installed.

So far I am unable to ipxping my server.  The error message is as
follows:

    ipxping: could not find server NETWARE
    : syserr  = Network is down

I suspect that I have a configuration problem.  Is it my ~/.nwfsrc file?

Any words of wisdom and/or advice?  I am not yet an IPX guru.

Len Huppe