Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:24:56 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.0 WITHOUT Heimdal

In earlier version of FreeBSD I've been able to NOT include the heimdal
delivered with the system, by providing the flag NO_KERBEROS=yes in
/etc/make.conf

In 7.0 there is no detection of such a flag. How should I continue to
NOT build the 0.6.3 heimdal that is deliverd with 7.0? I want to use the
distribution heimdal-1.1 that I find in KTH Stockholm, since that's the
version we are running on our KDC's and all the servers using Kerberos
for authentication.

If I compile the port openssh-portable with KERBEROS-support on a 6.3
with heimdal 1.1 everything works OK. If I install pointing out the same
heimdal installed on 7.0, ssh cannot autheticate to the kerberized
servers. So I want to get rid of all dependencies of heimdal 0.6.3 in
FreeBSD 7.0

Gunnar Flygt
Sveriges Radio AB