Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:18:11 +0100
From:      se@FreeBSD.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        craig@ProGroup.COM (Craig Shaver)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Tekram 390U and Seagate hawk ST32151N

On Dec 2, craig@ProGroup.COM (Craig Shaver) wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I am using the Tekram 390F also.  Do your patches eliminate the need
> for the Tekram patches?  I am using 2.1.5 and have installed the Tekram

Which Tekram patches ?

Do you use the Tekram driver that is available from their FTP server ?

That driver completely disables the FreeBSD support for the 53c875
and adds a Tekram specific driver, that won't work with any other
53c875 card. (It might also be interesting to compare Bonnie results
obtained under both, the FreeBSD NCR driver and the Tekram driver.
The Tekram driver for FreeBSD uses some 875 features that are not
yet activated by the generic NCR driver, but doesn't even come near
the generic NCR driver's performance ...)

> 390F patches and recompiled the kernel.  It seems to work well.  I do
> have a small patch from you for NCR875 on 2.1.5.  I do not think it was
> over
> 500 lines however.  Could you put your patch in incoming on freefall and
> email the list when it is finished?  I would like to get away from the
> Tekram code and go with FreeBSD only code.

I hope to have the time in the week starting December 9th.
I'll make patches available, and will apply them to the -stable CVS
tree, if I get some success reports ...

Regards, STefan