Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:20:17 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   PearPC support

I've put up diffs against PearPC 0.2 (pearpc.sourceforge.net) at

  www.freebsd.org/~grehan/pearpc.tgz

There's also sample config file and a README describing the diffs.
Syscons works with a 32-bit framebuffer, but is hideously slow.
It's best to break into the loader and 'set hw.syscons.disable=1'.

The system doesn't quite get to single user - I'm investigating.
I've been booting with a CD image that's also bootable on a Mac.
The incantation to do this is, from the root CD directory:

mkisofs -r -hfs -map ../hfs.map -part -no-desktop -hfs-bless ./boot
-hfs-volid FreeBSD/PPC -o ../image.iso .

  The file fbsd.tbxi has to be copied into the boot directory on
the CD, where the loader lives. Both hfs.map and fbsd.tbxi are
available at www.freebsd.org/~grehan/

later,

Peter.