Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:31:23 -0800
From:      pascal@netcom.com (Richard A Childers)
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs for tip(1), etc

I read somewhere in the FreeBSD 2.0 documentation that there was no FAQ
for setting up tip(1). Is this still true ?

I've set up tip(1) and it's working great. Writing a short FAQ would be
no problem if this document has not yet been created by another.

Wonder if it's OK to modify the tip(1) code to become a little smarter,
or if UCB would be annoyed ? ( Assuming it's the former - pretty sure. )

				-=8=-

I'm looking for expert help on setting on internal modems for dialup, if
there's anyone out there who'd care to volunteer to answer a few questions.

( Already have a well-worn copy of Nutshell 'Administering UUCP' thanks. )

Having some problems getting the outgoing login prompt to be issued at the
right baud rate ... wonder if having a modem directly connected to the buss
instead of accessed through a UART might not confuse things ... ?

-- richard

                Help ! I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body !!

   richard childers        san francisco, california        pascal@netcom.com