Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:14:58 +0400
From:      "Nickolay A.Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        "Yuri Muhitov" <muhitov@kostasoft.spb.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using IPFW with dynamic IP

Hello Yuri,

Tuesday, October 16, 2001, 11:51:43 AM, you wrote:

YM> Hi all!

YM> I use dial-up and my ISP assigns IP addresses dynamically.
YM> How can I compose IPFW rules?

YM> 1. Which variable can I use in IPFW configuration script to designate my
YM> dynamic IP?
YM> 2. Can I call my IPFW configuration script automatically when dynamic IP is
YM> assigned?

YM> All manuals which I have describe IPFW configuration using static IP.

YM> Any help is highly appreciated.

YM> Yuri.

add following lines in your /etc/rc.firewall script:

if [ "x$external_ip" != "x" ]
        #here come all Internet-related rules
fi

after establishing dial-up connection and aquiring dynamic ip, call
`external_ip = dynamic_ip ; export external_ip ; /bin/sh /etc/rc.firewall'

Hope that helps

; NKritsky
; SysAdmin InternetHelp.Ru
; http://www.internethelp.ru