Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:49:35 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RUSH: -current install testers wanted!

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I want as many people as possible to beat up on sysinstall as much as
> they can.
>
> And I want them to do it RSN: 5.0-R is only 9 days away.
>
> Please try to be creative in the choices you make in sysinstall, we
> don't need 20 people all testing ftp-passive, we need to get all the
> media options tested, IPv4 and IPv6, all the different distributions,
> scripted installs, on different hardware configs and so.
>
> If you find problems, please try to see if you reproduce them, if you
> can, try to see if you can isolate them to some particular menu choice
> or set of circumstances.  Please report your findings with send-pr.

Ad-Hoc testing is unlikely to find problems; if you are expecting a
certain class of problems, it's best to treat them, up front.

There are a number of systems right now with "broken" INT 0x12
implementations which will not boot at all right now (they panic
almost immediately).

I think you are going to end up with a lot of bug reports not related
to the problems you are trying to prevent/address.  8-(.

-- Terry