Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:51:08 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "include" directive in config(8) (was: Two Junior Kernel Hacker tasks..)

In message <20010624204114.F2B913E28@bazooka.unixfreak.org> Dima Dorfman writes:
: I thought about this, too.  Right now there isn't a way to do that,
: and neither OpenBSD nor NetBSD have one AFAIK.  That said, I think it
: would be trivial to implement.  The list of options and devices is a
: simple linked list (mind you, it's a home-grown one, not queue(3)); it
: shouldn't be too hard to implement "unoption" and "undevice"
: directives.

I could have sworn that NetBSD and/or OpenBSD had this feature.  But
if they do, I've been unable to find it in my searches.  Maybe they
just talked about it.

Go forward with include after usenix.  I've seen less objection to it
than my $MACHINE/compile proposal (so far two against: obrien who
wants it compile/$MACHINE and bde who wants something too weird for me
to understand).

Warner