Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 1996 17:59:53 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AIC 6360 in Dell docking station

>I have a Dell laptop whose docking station includes an AIC-6360 based
>SCSI adaptor.  This isn't recognised (by 2.1.5 GENERIC).  Am I right in
>thinking that only PCI adaptors based on this chipset are supported?
>According to the manual, the version in the docking station is on the
>ISA bus.
>
>-- Richard

Don't confuse the aic-6360 with the aic-7xxx series of chips.  We have
a good driver for the 7xxx guys, but a really shaky one for the 6360.
It seems that there are more and more systems shipping with these cheap
controller chips in them, so I'll put the 6360 driver just below the
buslogic one in my queue.  The 6360 looks very similar to a 7xxx
chip without an onboard processor, so it should be pretty easy to fix it
up based on my 7xxx experience.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations