Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 20:23:18 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fbsd-current: data overrun of 510 bytes detected.  Forcing a retry.

On Jan 26, andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm) wrote:
> When running bonnie on my 3rd SCSI disk I get the following messages
> after a couple of seconds:
>
> sd2 at scbus0 target 2 lun 0: data overrun of 510 bytes detected.  Forcing a retry.

Sorry, can't answer your questions, but I just wanted to
mention, that I do NOT FULLY agree to the recent changes
to the SCSI probe messages. And the above clearly shows,
which part I do not like :)

I really would appreciate, if the old format was retained
at least for error messages:

- there will be many problem reports with no mention given
  of the SCSI controller involved

- there are now some 30 characters of lead in, and this
  causes the message to be folded over several lines ...

> I have on scsi controller (2940) with Firmware 1.16 if I remember
> right. This is my kernel config file:

Well, Andreas does it correctly and mentions the controller
type. But he has been in this business long enough to know
that it might matter and isn't just a "normal" user ... :)

Regards, STefan