Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any Interest in Load-Adaptive Power Daemon?

I have something passable running now, though it's actually a hacked version of
wmcpuload (now wmcpuclock) so I can watch status and history.  My question is:
Does it actually makes any difference in power consumption?

I raise and lower the clock speed (via sysctl ACPI MIB stuff) according to use.
 The system does in fact feel correspondingly faster or slower.  However, once
the
fan comes on, it never goes off again and I can't seem to override this via
sysctl.  Is this just T40 ACPI BIOS bogosity (running 2.02 I think)?  I just
seems
like fan power consumption would be the big hog on an otherwise idle system.

Jeff Katcher