Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:08:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Suttipan Limanond <limanond@enws626.eas.asu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: octave-2.0.13 compile error on 3.2

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Suttipan Limanond wrote:

> Now, I noticed during configure that
> `dirent.h', `/sys/ndir.h', etc. were searched for
> the definition of `DIR'. The
> `dirent.h' in `/usr/include' does define `DIR', but
> for some reason the configure script can't see that.
>
> So, I added `#include <dirent.h>' in the `complete.c'.
> The error about `directory' and `DIR' seems to be solved,
> but the `dereferencing pointer' errors are still there.
>
> I would appreciate any comment or suggestions.
> The package can't load the DLL functions and
> I use DLL functions most of the time, so
> I can't really use it.

Can you please send me a complete script showing how octave isn't doing
what you want (hint: use script(1)).  I don't know what you mean by a
DLL function, maybe you mean loadable functions?

> Thank you very much,
>
> Suttipan Limanond.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |