Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:57:11 +0400 (DST)
From:      "Sergei S. Laskavy" <laskavy@cs.msu.su>
To:        osa@unibest.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How I may run X in remote machine?

>>>>> "Ozz!!!" == Ozz!!!  <osa@unibest.ru> writes:

    Ozz!!!> Hello!  My machine is a FreeBSD-current. My XFree86
    Ozz!!!> working perfectly.  How I may run X in remote machine (
    Ozz!!!> AIX 4.2 )?

X11 is a client-server system.
You can not run X server on remote host...
Or... you can, but thats useless.

You can run X client from remote host.

Please, read the "man X11" or "man X" (now I'm on Solaris at work
and can't recall the right manual page).

I'm using ssh (secure shell) which acts as encrypting proxy server
for X11 clients so you do not need even deal with DISPLAY environment var.

Example:
	local% ssh remote
	[...]
	Welcome to remote
	remote% xterm&
<-- and X Terminal appears at your screen :)

If you use telnet/rlogin/rsh (which is very insecure) => export/setenv DISPLAY:
	remote% setenv DISPLAY local:0
	remote% xterm&
<-- and X Terminal appears (maybe) at your screen

If not => read "man xauth", then "man xhost". You will need to
	local% xauth extract - $DISPLAY | rsh remote xauth merge -

If it still not work => drop me a mail.

Sergei S. Laskavy