Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:40:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Christian Zander <zander@minion.de>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: panic with nvidia drivers (but not sure it's nvidia's fault)

> It'd be interesting to learn if the code path you suspect really is the
> one taken in the case of this failure. Is this problem easily
> reproducible on your machine? If so, how and with what hard/software
> combination?

I think the stack is getting (somewhat) smashed so there's no real way to
tell for sure if this is the code path that is taken, but it's the only
one that goes from nv_alloc_pages to the atomic_clear_flags() (at least
the only one I've found so far).

The problem is EXTREMELY reproducable.

Hardware:

Abit KX333 mobo (via KT333 chipset)
256MB Crucial (micron) pc2100 DDR SDRAM.
Athlon XP 2000+
Geforce 3 Ti 200

I'm using agp 4x.

To reproduce the problem, all I have to do is run ut2003. It always dies
just after the splash screen comes up (apparently after it changes
resolution to 800x600 on my machine.)

Ken