Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 13:26:04 +0200
From:      Radoy Pavlov <pavlov@euroscript-ls.de>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8 -> 4.3 upgrade

Doug Hardie wrote:

[..]
> >This is the point. I've been trying to update one
> >3.5.1 box to 4.x branch without success. Either way
> >(using cvsup or sysinstall) make buildworld breaks
> >with various errors. Today it was secure/lib/libcryto.
> >It's a good plan, but what basis do i need to complete
> >that build ? I tried updating plain 3.5.1 install from
> >a CD set and cvsuped one to 3.5.1-S.
>
> Before doing  the upgrade installation you should delete /usr/src and
> /usr/obj and then recreate empty directories.
> --
> -- Doug

Thanks for all hints on this topic. Still I must disagree
that /usr/src should be recreated upon deleting it, especially
when upgrading from a CD set. The upgrade utility states
that /usr/src exists and doesn't upgrade it at all, hence
it's very hard, if not impossible, to buildworld.
The cvsup should work though.

cheers, Radoy
--
Error FE6B - Nonexistent - This comment does not exist,
and therefore you cannot read it. Please go away quietly.